Monday, February 25, 2008

Wicked Cool City Screen Prints

Currently obsessed with these screen prints, from OrkPosters.com. I am secretly wishing I had come up with this idea on my own.

The only cities available to purchase are Brooklyn, Boston, Chicago, Manhattan, and San Francisco. They are 18" x 24" and come in different colors depending on the city you choose. Have no fear, you can make requests for your own city on the website. I am putting my request in for an Austin print, but also feeling ambitious on creating my own!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweet, I dig these. Probably because I've lived in the cities, probably because I don't bother to learn the names of neighborhoods. When/If/Hopefully I move to SF, I'd be down to have one of these...although a traditional map may be more useful. Eh, if I don't have this, I may not have any 'art' at all. Nice 'blog' Meghan, I appreciate you allowing the rest of us to see the world through your tweaked vision :P I'm only kidding, you aren't that strange, no stranger than the rest of you shape brains anywayz. I went back to Boston last week, it was possibly zero or something ridiculous, it baffled me how I ever decided I could handle that place. Fool that I was...alas we end up where we belong. I'll continue to follow your musings :)

p.s. the secret 'i'm not a spammer' word is 8 characters, is that necessary? how about 3?

Anonymous said...

why not do cincinnati? also, please pay particular attention to the westside. thank you

erik k said...

thats pretty sweet it seems to embody the insanity that is navigating Boston, if your ever in the city take the sub way, and try to figure out the maps