Monday, March 3, 2008

The Art of Looking Sideways

Whenever I'm feeling uninspired (or just plain bored) I pick up my copy of The Art of Looking Sideways by Alan Fletcher. I originally purchased this book after I met the famous graphic designer a few years ago in his London studio. Which was a memorable experience indeed! Not only was it fascinating to see the famous designer in his home and studio, but he was surprisingly humble, and had a wicked sense of humor. Although Fletcher's body of work includes some of the most impressive graphic design I know, this book takes a far less formal approach. The Art of Looking Sideways is practically a sneak peek into his private sketch book, or journal. With over a thousand pages, you can never get bored looking through this book. Full of inspiring quotes, witty musings, brilliant colors and humorous illustrations this book is fun for everyone - not just designers!

No comments: