Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Wool 100%

Wool 100% is a Japanese film made several years ago but, hey, I just heard about it. It centers around two elderly pack-rat sisters who obsessively sketch and categorize every new object they acquire. One night, they find several large balls of red yarn in the forest and bring them back to the house, trailing the yarn though the woods. A young girl follows the yarn back to the house and moves in, knitting herself a dress with the yarn, only to unravel the work when she is done and start again. The film seems so visually interesting I think I would watch it even if the subtitles were still in Japanese. I love the ink drawings mixed into the trailer. See the trailer here, fourth option on the bottom. I just bought it online, I will tell you how it goes.
••••

1 comment:

Sarah Cowen said...

There is a whole lot of crazy going on in that preview. Looks interesting! That site is really cute. I like how the numbers when the page is loading looks like yarn. Cute, cute, cute.

On a side note, what's up with the new way to comment? I'm having issues with the change...