Thursday, December 4, 2008

Ay Dios Mio!


A few months ago, the Department of Tourism in Mexico City, announced a contest to design the official logo for the city. The only parameters were that the logo should depict the Angel de la Independencia monument and the overall theme should convey the classic Mexican song Bésame Mucho, by Consuelo Velázquez. Any one in the world could compete for the prize of 1,000,000 pesos. From over 8,000 entries, these logos are the final 4 (there were 5, but one was eliminated due to copyright issues).

I wish I could say that I like these logos and that there is a clear winner. (If I had to pick it would be #1). I don't think any of these designs are worthy of being Mexico City's official logo. Number 1 has an interesting concept, but almost seems a little racy? Number 4 looks like a Christmas angel, and don't even get me started on the overall unprofessional quality of both 2 and 3. Maybe I stand alone. What do you think?


Click here to vote on your favorite.••••

1 comment:

Meghan Colvin said...

EEEK! they're all heinous! I'm with you though, if I had to pick one it would be #1. But seriously, the lipstick kiss on #2?!?!