Monday, April 27, 2009

Come & Knock On My Door


When I saw this post in the New York Times I just about jumped out of my seat -- I know THAT house! In fact, I live only a couple of blocks away from it, but had NO idea how amazing the inside was. It is no secret that I often spend hours day-dreaming about my ideal living/work space. Picture a mix of historic appeal with modern edge; a large, amazing kitchen -- not that I cook, but people LOVE to congregate in the kitchen, and trust me, I'd be entertaining a lot; a stellar bathroom with a huge luxurious shower; a large open studio to do my work in... I could go on, but I don't want to spill all my secrets. So you can imagine my envy when I discovered that this insane dream house of mine is sitting right in my own neighborhood. A classic San Franciscan Victorian turned into a modern dwelling perfect for the creative power couple that inhabit it. EnvelopeA+D, an Oakland based design and architecture firm, recently completed this space for interior designer Claire Bigbie. And as luck would have it, the firm ended up hiring Ms. Bigbie once the job was complete. Hot damn, I'm even MORE envious now. Designed to house a working studio and living quarters, this home is sophisticated yet playful, modern yet historical, and sleek yet livable. Take a look at the collection of photos below and read the NYtimes feature here for more information. Also, be sure to check out the rest of envelopeA+D's impressive portfolio. And if you're reading this Ms. Bigbie, as your neighbor, if you ever want to give me a personal tour of your home I'd be beyond grateful. Otherwise, I might be knocking on your door asking for a cup of sugar. ••••

No comments: