Tuesday, December 8, 2009

When Bad Covers Happen to Good Books

There is an interesting essay on the New York Times this week regarding the consequences of a bad book cover. The point of the article: a bad cover can truly affect your read. This is something I have always agreed with and therefore believe that you CAN judge a book by its cover.

The Times ideas for covering up a bad cover: 1. Brown bag it; 2. Reverse it; 3. Try spandex; 4. Use house paint; 5. Duct tape it; 6. Tear it off

Speaking of poorly designed book covers. The blog,
JudgeABookByItsCover is a great example of this! Also I recently discovered a blog dedicated to awful library books. Hilarious. A few of my favorite examples:



yep. Will Smith. ••••

3 comments:

Kaarin S said...

is hilarious, LOVE IT!

Sarah Cowen said...

I am into the Rainbows and Jolly beans. Shocking, I know!

Belinda said...

Hi great reading your postt