Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Graphic Design, San Francisco (circa decades ago)


I'm a graphic designer and I live in San Francisco. So one would think I would know the book titled Graphic Design, San Francisco. A whole book dedicated to San Francisco designers! Amazing. Ok, so in my defense I wasn't born yet when it was published, but I need to get my hands on it now. Luckily, Grain Edit is starting a series of posts focused on Bay Area designers and firms. (can.not.wait.) Check out the first installment here, featuring Harry Murphy + Friends. ••••
(Look! It's a vintage Gap store!)

7 comments:

Meghan B said...

I am OBSESSED with that GAP store!!! They need to bring that retail concept back! Nice find, MC.

Sarah Martin said...

Agreed, that Gap store is fantastic. I can see something like that coming back in style...the wall design, not the flannel.

Clipping Design said...

O my god ! ...
Really creative graphic design.
Thanks for sharing..... :)
Regards
image masking service

web designers san francisco said...

By understanding these website design tips, why individuals are leaving your website before buying, you possibly can make adjustments and changes to those web pages to make them more inviting.

Anonymous said...

Heya¡­my very first comment on your site. ,I have been reading your blog for a while and thought I would completely pop in and drop a friendly note. . It is great stuff indeed. I also wanted to ask..is there a way to subscribe to your site via email.

Website Design San Francisco

Website Design Portland said...

Really creative graphic design.
Thanks for sharing..... :) Website Design Portland

vijitha said...


Hi there, awesome site. I thought the topics you posted on were very interesting.
San Francisco Web Design