Thursday, March 13, 2008

Five Dollar Face Lift

The US Treasury released the new five dollar bill into circulation today. The biggest difference is the new addition of the color purple in the background and painfully obvious purple five on the bottom right corner. The bill is the same size but the imagery of Abe Lincoln and the Lincoln memorial is "enhanced". The number of watermarks have been increased, and an ultra safe security code has been added next to Lincoln's face.

What do you all think of this?! While I agree the US currency needs a little face lift, I am not really into this so much.

2 comments:

Meghan B said...

I hate it. haha. I understand the need for it...but I hate it.

Tess Mattern said...

In short, I wish the US treasury had hired someone from the Crew to work on this instead. Was the no. 5 even added by a designer?? It doesn't look like they attempted to integrate it at all.