Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Jovovich-Hawk for Target

I feel compelled to write a personal opinion post on the new GO International Jovovich-Hawk line for Target. I should preface this post with my general thoughts on the GO International line. When Target first began showcaseing rising fashion designers in February of 2006, I was intrigued. I admit, I had never shopped for clothes at Target but begin browsing these lines once they were introduced. It wasn't until Proenza Schouler last Spring, that I actually bought something and still wear it to this day. My feelings are mixed each month, depending on which designer is showcased. I was not feeling Erin Fetherston or Libertine, but enjoyed Alice Temperley and now Jovovich-Hawk.


Milla Jovovich and Carmen Hawk describe their line as "Art Nouveau...but how they used it in the 70s, fun, flirty, and ironic." I was impressed with the collection they designed because for once I think the pieces look a bit 'more expensive' and wearable. I would even consider wearing some of the clothes to the office. Ok, some of the dresses are a little too hippie dippy and look like they should be paired with a hemp necklace and Birkenstocks, but most of the tops and skirts are very cute. My only concern is every time I wear one of these items, I will see ten girls on the street with the same top (alla H&M clothes) but for $24 a top I'll risk it.

No comments: