Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Found in Boston: Brownstone Typography



Welcome to the first in a series of weekly CrewDesign posts
. Each Wednesday a different blog contributor will post something art or design related about the city they call home— a show and tell of sorts! This week I am kicking it off with a Flickr set of Brownstone Typography (and other miscellaneous findings). Nothing quite says Boston to me like our iconic brownstones, and the type on each building is just as quaint, charming, and classic as the city itself. So beginning at 00 Marlborough Street, enjoy some local typographic flavor (and a few other architectural features, too– I loved stumbling across someone's iron pet dog). ••••

5 comments:

Meghan Colvin said...

OH I miss Boston now! Thanks tess! This looks great. love the slideshow... can't wait to post about SF!!!

Sarah Martin said...

great pictures. i miss boston too. perfect example of a unique boston trait.

Nora said...

Tess, this is such a FABULOUS post! It was a great idea to explore type on Boston's buildings -- it is something that people probably tend to overlook! It definitely helps us to see your city in an interesting way!

(I want an iron pet dog someday!--Cool!)

Robert said...

marlborough is by far the prettiest street in boston, and your pictures more than do it justice. even though it's only about two blocks from where im sitting now [ostensibly at work, but ... let's be honest], the pictures make me miss it. great find; great post.

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed this post; I used to live on marlborough ("Mahhlborah") st., so seeing those photographs remind me of all the interesting architectural and historical details that make boston so special. snaazzy photo viewer tool too!