Monday, October 13, 2008

Mad About Mad Men

Thank you so much to Grain Edit for sending me to Mark Simonson's blog entry about the "typecasting" in Mad Men. I follow the show religiously and often admire the costumes, the sets and the 1960s aesthetic that characterizes the show. I thought that I paid attention to details, but Mark has taken it to an entirely different and complex level. In his blog post he examines the typefaces used throughout the show and their effectiveness and accuracy. It is a very fascinating viewpoint and will make me an even crazier fan of the hit AMC show. ••••

2 comments:

Sarah Martin said...

oh don draper!

Tess Mattern said...

Thank you, thank you for blogging about this! I am obsessed and I always wonder how close they are getting the details.

As a slight aside, have you seen these illustrated, Mad Men themed desktop wallpapers on flickr? I am using "Sally Draper's Cocktail Cheat Sheet" on my home computer right now. The usual, Mommy?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/nobodyssweetheart/sets/72157606178887453/detail/